Monday, April 25, 2011

I got an email recording 0 hours. Why?

This scenario occurred in our old software, Community Weaver 1.0. As of November 1, 2011 we are operating on Community Weaver 2.0 and this scenario should not occur, as there is a delete function for messages in CW 2.0. If you have questions about this or are experiencing difficulties, please contact the Coordinator.
-Jennifer

Our software, Community Weaver, is a little picky. If I request a service and you respond to it but no TD$ are exchanged, your message stays in my inbox. Forever.

As the Coordinator of Time Trader, I get a lot of emails in my regular Inbox and in My Messages in Community Weaver. Periodically I need to clean out the CW messages so that I have less to wade through. To do that, I simply click "log hours" in the message, and I log it as 0. This triggers an automatic email to you but does not require you to take any further action.

Some reasons TD$ are not exchanged:
  • multiple people replied to an offer but only one person was needed
  • we exchanged messages but for whatever reason the transaction was not completed
  • the service was provided but TD$ were not credited from the My Messages section using the "log hours" button
  • multiple or similar offers/requests exist and the TD$ were credited on a different offer/request than originally specified
All of these scenarios are fine; as long as TD$ are credited to the right person for the right task, there is no problem. Using a 0TD$ transaction simply clears out the message.

Once a transaction is recorded and TD$ credited, even if the number of TD$ is 0, the messages automatically move to your archives. This means you can still access them and may refer back to them at any time in the future.

Remember that if you have any problems or questions about how to credit yourself or someone else for TD$ you can always contact me and I am happy to help make sure it is correct.

Thanks Time Traders!

No comments:

Post a Comment