Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Testimonial #2: L Coming together, weaving community

Last week a Time Trader let me know she had fallen and broken some bones in her right foot. As a result, she can't drive, can't shovel snow, and needs help with a number of basic things. I advised her to write some requests and post them on Community Weaver, and I featured some of them in the Service Update email that went out at the end of the week.
I received this email Saturday, and I wanted to share it with the community:
Hi Jennifer,
Time Trader is such a fantastic resource...... and there are good people everywhere.  I guess we never know when we will find ourselves in need of help/assistance from others.  I love making connections with others in my own community.
Friday was my first day back to work and J. brought me home at 1.  A. moved my snow Friday afternoon and said he will continue to do so.  He called before coming over and asked if he could pick up any groceries, but my neighbor had taken care of that.  I just might adopt him as my MN son since my own lives in Chicago.  K. is taking me to St Marys for x-rays early Monday morning and said she can drive me more places since she only works 4 days a month.  My neighbor is able to drop me off at work in the mornings next week and different UW employees are taking me home. 
I'll begin working on transportation for when my office moves on the 30th.  First, I'm going to call the receptionist in that building next week and find out if anyone who lives near me works out there.
A. offered to work on a banner for my Etsy store, also.
Forever grateful,
L.
Thank you, Time Traders! This is exactly what this community is all about, and I could not be more proud and grateful to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment